Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Seagazing

Seagazing

by Martin Bemberg

Even now, indefinitely ashore and even more than every now and then,
That far-off vessel I once christened comes many times to longing mind.
We are many marathons apart, but thanks to one lens less miraculous,
Through which I've just now merely glanced, I see her setting sail
On a second - keep that secret - maiden voyage.

Her coming into view, for such a brief accident, has occupied much mind
And, given her brand new set of canvas sails,
Seems to be at that point of no return
I don't remember being warned about but probably was.

It's such a shame, they tell me,
To covet such a distant shore's belongings,
To mark the ocean and its ending,
But they've gotten it all wrong -

It's the motion of departure that I envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment